– Ensure compliance with the internal audit related requirements in Japan.
– Participate in audits in accordance to GIA Methodology.
– Perform in-depth risk analysis and contribute to the determination of the particular audit scope.
– On an audit basis, participate in interviews with management and staff, documenting workflows of operations and identifying key risks, controls and procedures.
– Develop the audit program and conduct appropriate fieldwork testing.
– Negotiate management actions to mitigate identified business, operational or control risks.
– Document all testing and findings in accordance with GIA Methodology.
– Draft audit reports.
1. +4 years of working experience in internal or external auditing for (re)insurance companies
2. CPA or equivalent
3. Native spoken and written Japanese and fluent spoken and written English
4. Generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems, and provides sound reasoning to support recommendations.
5. Ability to make recommendations in the face of complexity, conflicting pressures and ambiguous circumstances.
6. Recognizes, appreciates, and adapts to differences across organizational and geographic borders.
7. Coordinates planning efforts with other work units.
8. Maintains a consistent, high level of productivity.
9. Maintains positive relationships even under difficult or heated circumstances.
10. Stature and confidence to interact with Company personnel with the ability to demonstrate objectivity, integrity, independence and drive
*The first 2 years will most likely be stationed in Hong Kong for on-the-job training, with frequent travelling within Asia Pacific including Japan.
The position will subsequently relocate to Japan upon request by local regulators